Chevrolet Sail Sedan Test Drive- First Drive Experience!

Started by Ranveer Singh , Feb 06 2013 01:53 PM

2 replies to this topic

Ranveer Singh
    • Car Critic

• 625 posts
    Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:53 PM

Hi friends yesterday I got a chance to try hand at Chevrolet Sail sedan, which has been recently introduced in the market. I took the test drive of the car for at least one hour and believe me I was surprised by the performance, thanks to the fiat sourced 1.3-litre multijet diesel engine, which is one of the most refined small diesel engines we have in India. And I would appreciate General Motors India to bring the car at the right time and most importantly at a right price; they wanted a good entry level sedan badly.

General Motors has placed Sail with an impressive price tag of Rs. 5 lakh against the closest competitor, Maruti Swift Dzire. Chevrolet Sail sedan is available in both the diesel and petrol fuel options, and it's a smart move by the company.

By the looks, interiors and engines, Chevrolet Sail sedan is a potential product, Sail has to square up the challenge with the present three top car manufacturers like Maruti Suzuki, Toyota,Mahindra and others. When I entered into the car I felt a luxury feel and the lavish interiors with additional features and the amount of space, which makes the Sail just fantastic, however I felt the steering grip is very tight and the turning radius of the car is not upto the mark. The dash board is not so much appealing but it's better then Dzire and Verito.

Talking about the features and the drivability of the car, it was a nice experience for me to drive on highways as the car has the 1.3L SMARTECH Turbo-charged diesel engine which produces the 76.9bhp at 4000rpm and maximum torque of 205Nm at 1750rpm. The car is enhanced with all the necessary features like Front Height Adjustable Headrests, Luggage Compartment Lamp, Interior Courtesy Lamp, Remote Keyless Entry, Rear Defogger, Power Steering, Front & Rear Power Windows, Tilt Steering and Phone pairing upto five phones. However, an hour of drive would not tell you the right mileage figures, but the company claims the car to return an impressive mileage of 22kmpl, so even if it returns around 20kmpl, it's good.

Pros: Price, features and mileage.
    Cons: lack of service network, turning radius

Rishab Kundra

• 1 posts
    Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:30 AM

Dear user,

first of all .engine is not of Fiat. GM has its own deisel engine. even GM has supplied huge qunatity on engines to maruti and other companies too. so never say its Fiat engine. second thing if we talk about lack of service network than its far better than some other companies except maruti. because maruti is not in the race of cars. they are making bullkart or u can say fool. if we genuinly says GM or Chevy is levels with merc and bmw and others if we see in us and other countries. In India its sheep walk ( Bedh chal) jo chal gaya chal gaya. so if you want to buy car. go for it by blind eyes.

Ranveer Singh
    • Car Critic

• 625 posts
    Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:53 AM

Well Rishab first off all a very welcome to the forum community. The engine has been co-developed by GM and Fiat, so it is a Fiat engine. Secondly after Maruti Suzuki Hyundai has a second biggest service network in India and Chevrolet comes Fifth after Mahindra and Tata motors.
    I agree with you that Maruti did not work on their design they just sells their cars with 1.3 fiat multi jet engine. So I can say if they work on their design and developed their own engine then the fact would be different. But still Maruti is ruling the small car segment in India and their Maruti Swift Dzire sedan car is also doing wonders for them.

Reply to this topic

Current Activities

Forum

Copyright 2008-2014 Powered By Girnar Software Pvt. Ltd. All Rights Reserved.