Top Five Most Fuel Efficient Petrol Cars in India

Started by amit.sharma , Feb 26 2013 06:43 PM

3 replies to this topic

amit.sharma
    • Car Critic

• 675 posts
    Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:43 PM

Continuous hike in petrol prices has changed the mindset of Indian car buyers and as an Indian we all are looking for fuel efficient petrol cars. Here is the list of top five most fuel economical cars in India.

Tata Nano
    Tata Nano is the cheapest ever small car in India and specially made for the budget conscious people or first time drivers. It is basically a city car and one can drive through busiest and narrowest of Indian roads.
    Posted Image
    . Priced at Rs. 1.41 lakh for base variant and goes upto Rs. 2.13 Lakh for top end variant.
    . Powered by a 624cc engine that is capable of generating decent 38 PS and 51 Nm of top torque.
    . It offers an excellent fuel economy of 25.4 kmpl, which makes it most fuel economical car in India.

Maruti Alto 800
    Alto 800 is one of the most selling small car in Indian auto market and already becomes the first choice for buyers. New looks and better fuel economy makes it a perfect small car.
    Posted Image
    . Priced at Rs. 2.42 lakh for base variant and goes upto Rs. 3.15 lakh for top end petrol model.
    . Alto 800 comes loaded with a 796cc petrol mill that churns out 47.5 bhp and 69 Nm of top torque.
    . It gives an excellent mileage of 22.74 kmpl.

Hyundai EON
    EON is also a small car which is the closest competitor of Alto 800, but Eon appears more stylish. Hyundai's fluidic design attracts many buyers in India. One can easily drive it through Indian roads and it takes less parking space as well.
    Posted Image
    . The base version of EON is tagged at Rs. 2.77lakh and the top end petrol model is priced at Rs. 3.79 lakh.
    . Houses a 814cc petrol engine that delivers 56bhp and 76 Nm of top torque, mated with a five speed manual gearbox.
    . Offers a fuel economy of 21.1 kmpl.

Hyundai i10
    Another car from Hyundai Stable also managed to lure customers in India is i10 hatch. It is also a small size car which accommodate five adults comfortably and comes equipped with number of features.
    Posted Image
    . Priced at Rs. 3.74 lakh for base model and goes upto Rs. 6.02 lakh for top end automatic version.
    . Powered byu a 1.1 L petrol engine that produces 66.7 PS and 10.1 kgm of top torque.
    . Despite of having a more powerful engine than Alto 800, Nano and EON, i10 managed to deliver an excellent mileage of 20 kmpl.

Chevrolet Beat
    Beat is one of the most successful car for Chevrolet motors in India. Excellent interiors and exteriors of the car attracts many buyers. More powerful engine and good fuel economy add feathers to car.

Posted Image

. Priced at Rs. 3.84 lakh for base variant and Rs. 4.51 lakh for top end variant.
    . Beat runs on a 1.2 L engine that produces 80.5 Ps of top power and 108 Nm of top torque.
    . It offers an excellent fuel economy of 18.6 kmpl on Indian roads.

Ranveer Singh
    • Car Critic

• 625 posts
    Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:22 PM

Well I have the query regarding to the most fuel economical cars. Like you mentioned in your post that all these five cars produces more fuel efficiency. But what is the criteria to be noted? Like Tata Nano is the cheapest car but lacks in safety and performance. Only others are which I think stand in the race, Maruti Alto 800, Hyundai EON and Chevrolet Beat. The performance and mileage of these three cars are better but Alto 800 is less expensive as compare to these two cars.

I mean that if any user wants to purchase a new car, then what will be the major things which has to be in the car? I am confused buddy? And I think you are missing Renault Pulse, which is claiming the fuel efficiency around 18 kmpl. Is it true?

Manoj Kumar
    • Car Critic

• 836 posts
    Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:25 PM

Hi Amit, what about the other cars like Chevrolet Spark and the legendary Maruti 800. I have this car in my house, and it is giving the fuel efficiency of 18 to 20kmpl on highway. Maruti 800 car is one of the most iconic cars in India, and will always remain. I am living in Jaipur, and not seen the car at any dealership close by, has it been discontinued or still the production is going on?

• #4 Guest_Guest_*
    Guest_Guest_*
    Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:06 PM

hi. I think we have to avoid looking only at the fuel mileage figures for buying cars .... Key point to look at it is cost of maintenance . Sometimes we don't use the car much and we end up paying more for maintenance , even if the initial cost is low. Maruti cars the cost of ownership is more than honda and Toyota ...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Best Mileage Petrol Car, Best Mileage Car, Fuel Efficient cars, Maruti Alto 800 Mileage, Hyundai EON Mileage, Tata Nano Mileage, Chevrolet Beat Mileage

Reply to this topic

Current Activities

Forum

Copyright 2008-2014 Powered By Girnar Software Pvt. Ltd. All Rights Reserved.